Reporting to the Manager of Brewing, the Brewing Technician is responsible for performing all duties required to support the brewing and transferring activities within the fermentation and process develop areas.
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Monitor fermentation process and troubleshoot fermentation issues
- Read, record and follow the brewing, filtration and cellar schedules
- Clean and sterilize the brew tanks, water tanks, heat exchangers, carbonating stones, tubs and cellar according to schedules, using chemicals as required
- Heat brewhouse and cellar water tanks
- Handle yeast and other necessary ingredients
- Follow procedures for free rise of fermenters and cooling
- Check on beer quality prior to filtration
- Follow wort cooling, yeast pitching and yeast dumping schedules
- Measure fermentation gravities
- Analyze C02 and close C02 vent lines at maturation times
- Regenerate D-Air tanks at appropriate times
- Maintain head pressures on all vessels at predetermined levels
- Keep accurate records of fermentation and cellar temperature, inventory and fermentation blackboards
- Manage water and steam in cellar including transfer and heating
- Monitor and adjust the pH values and temperature throughout the brewing process
- Perform CIP on fermentors, aging tanks and all transfer lines
- Transfer and neutralize caustic, and transfer waste water and trub
- Blend and add diluent into beer and cider as required
- Inform brewing manager/ brewing lead hands of any fermentation procedure and/or equipment anomalies
- Support brewing and filtration team as required
- Brewing experience required.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- A good communicator, able to work and think independently, be a team player and willing to work overtime when needed
- Proficient with English Language
- Precise record keeping and attention to detail
- Ability to read schedules, learn quickly, multi-task and trouble-shoot
- Ability to “have fun” and embrace the Big Rock culture
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent
- Sitting, standing and bending is required
- Occasional lifting up to 25 kg’s
- Safety equipment required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Frequent exposure to various temperatures
- Possible exposure to dangerous/hazardous materials
- Required to work rotational shifts, including nights weekends and statutory holidays
All interested candidates should forward a resume to email@example.com.
Please ensure to reference Brewing Technician- Calgary in the subject line, competition closes March 31, 2017.
We thank all candidates for applying; however please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.