Do you go hoppy over Craft Beer and dream of creating beer-inspired dishes? Look no further! Big Rock Brewery is currently looking for a Head Chef at our Big Rock Urban Eatery in Vancouver who will be responsible for creating the feature and in store menus, developing plating procedures and identifying signature menu items that promote the brand and image of Big Rock Urban.
The Head Chef will work directly with key team members to promote company growth and create a productive, progressive working environment. They will be directly responsible for all kitchen functions including but not limited to:
- food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards
- costing strategies, inventory procedures and labour costs
- sanitation and cleanliness
- training of employees in all kitchen functions
- Customer Focus
- Friendly and Approachable
- Accountable and Dependable
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
- High Energy
- Ability to Manage Stress
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Creating a beer-inspired feature and in store menus.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures while overseeing training of new kitchen employees.
- Assist where needed to ensure guest service and efficient operation standards are met.
- Prepare, or direct employees to prepare, all required paperwork, including forms, reports, inventories, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen, kitchen equipment and food storage areas.
- Ensure all Provincial Health Regulations are met, including but not limited to, appropriate staff certifications, temperature & cleaning logs, and sanitation standards.
- Production and implementation of WHMIS binder and knowledge of all chemicals used in the kitchen.
- Conduct yourself as a leader and an ambassador for the company.
- Any other duties as assigned by employer.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3 years experience in back- of-the-house operations and/or management positions
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and trouble-shoot
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent
- Possession of Food and Safety Handling Certificate
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions
- Ability to ‘have fun’ and embrace the Big Rock culture
- Highly organized with good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team and capable of multi-tasking
- Commitment to accuracy, detail oriented and good recording keeping skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work in an energetic, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and able to work flexible hours when needed
- Good manual dexterity skills required
- Red Seal Certification recommended
- WHMIS Training Required
- Flexibility to work any shift and overtime as required
- Repetitive work is required
- Standing for long periods, bending, lifting and twisting
- Exposed to heat and cold temperatures
- Ability to lift/move up to 25 kg’s
To become a Big Rocker please send your resume to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.