Reporting to the Manager, Customer and Product, Marketing; the Retail Store and Tasting Room Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the retail store and guest experience at Big Rock Urban Brewery. This includes responsibility for maximizing all sales avenues including by-the-glass and retail sales in the Retail Store, merchandising for the retail shop and improving the experience of guests through consumer education. This position will also be responsible for scheduling and overseeing additional retail store/tasting room staff.
- Collaborative Team Work
- Customer & Consumer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Attention to detail
- “Can-do” attitude
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Scheduling and team leadership
- Result Focus & Quality Orientation
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Understand and meet consumer needs in promoting the sale of beer and merchandise products in the tasting room and retail area, achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Ensure each team member is taking an active role in each scheduled service on the floor, managing the service experience for the guests, and leading the team in doing so.
- Ensure the team is following the restaurant Steps of Service and service standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that the tasting room is adequately and efficiently staffed at all times by scheduling associates while accommodating hours of operation and special events. Verify that hours worked are accounted for correctly and approve their time for payroll purposes. Monitor quality of work and ensure that staff conform to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain the Interior/Exterior Décor Standards for the retail store/tasting room.Oversee the areas of music, lighting, and room temperature.
- Assist in ensuring tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays of beer and merchandise in the tasting room are attractive and maintained.
- Oversee bi-weekly inventory processes and COGS generation and maintain appropriate levels of physical inventory for tasting room /retail area for beer, merchandise and supplies.
- Manage tasting room floor operations which include but are not limited to maintaining housekeeping standards, opening and closing procedures, daily sales and cash tracking spreadsheets and maintaining accurate pricing in POS.
- Provide electronic and written reports and records as required by the accounting and finance department at head office.
- Perform office administration requirements, answering phones, email inquiries, mail, courier, replenishment and repair of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma at a minimum; a two-year college diploma or equivalent with experience is preferred
- Two years related retail or food and beverage industry sales experience
- “Serving it Right” or equivalent liquor service certificate
- Craft beer appreciation and basic craft beer knowledge
- Prudhomme Level One is preferred but not required
- Experience with inventory management is preferred but not required
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Solid computer skills with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and retail point-of-sale applications.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to speak in front of people
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays as necessary
- Social media knowledge is a plus
- Job location is Vancouver, BC
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs consistently
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
Must follow all work instructions, Big Rock Code of Conduct, Good Manufacturing Practices, food safety procedures, Illness and Disease Policy and all other company policies and procedures
To apply please submit a resume referencing Vancouver Retail Store and Tasting Room Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com
Posting Closing: March 31, 2017.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.